Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
More Cheap Joe's Art Stuff:  Home Page | Art Supplies | Paint Brushes | Artist Paints | Easels | Canvas | Drawing Supplies

Count Angelo Agazzi, reverse glass pa...

Cheap Joe's Artist Forum » Artist Chat » Count Angelo Agazzi, reverse glass painting « Previous Next »

Top of pageBottom of page

Danny McMurphy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 4:02 pm:   Print Post

We too have a Count Angelo Agazzi,born May 4, 1936, with the Agazzi Technique Label on the back and the Certificate of Authenticity on the back. My wife and I received this as a Complimentary Gift for purchasing Encyclopedias back in the 70's. It is the owl painting. The note of authenticity is still attached to the back.

Ron DeClue
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 6, 2012 - 6:21 pm:   Print Post

I have a reverse painting of an american indian shooting bow and arrow, was gift buying encyclopedias in 1973, had same authentication and such, where does one find out the value?

chrissy Smith's
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 5:47 pm:   Print Post

I have a reverse glass painting of a woman and her child it is black and gold with a wooden frame with the authenticity papers still on the back

wanda's bedroom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 8:34 pm:   Print Post

I knew Count Agazzi when he lived in Atlanta 1972- 1977. I lost track of him, after 1977. As a gift, he gave me a 6" plate of the moon landing July 20, 1969. I have tressured this,because Angelo was such a gracious person and a great artist and a good friend.A very handsome man as I remember. If you are still out there Angelo, best of regards to you,Wanda

Kathie Sherman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 6:23 pm:   Print Post

I have a 6" glass plate painted by Count Agazzi of a picture of Taurus the bull, and the astrological sign. It belonged to my aunt, a famous astrologer. I would like to know if it is of any value. The plate is signed by Count Agazzi and the paper sticker that says " hand painted by count agazzi" is on it.

Mnm2917
Username: Mnm2917

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 6:38 pm:   Print Post

I have been trying to get the painting of the 2 owls appraised for my mom for about 2 years now with no success. She bought the painting new 35 years ago and it is still in immaculate shape (it is her pride and joy). If anyone has any info on where i can get this appraised at or knows the true value of it i would really appreciate it. My email is mnm2917@hotmail.com.

Thank You

william shultz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 6:20 pm:   Print Post

I have a reverse painting of two owls perched in a tree.very nice frame original. Bio.of agazzi and certificate on the back.I don't know how old however I do know its over 30yrs I thank.size is 27 1/2x23 1/2 overall.I would really love to know the value.

klaus k. heskjaer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Print Post

I remember having seen in Atlanta, Georgia a beautyful work of art by Count Angolo Agazzi a very large
mirror average 2 sq.meters with adam and eva as
a frame in several blown glass square tiles and
another large oblong plate with flowers and sil-
ver decoration. Anyone has pictures of these? we
are searching modern glass paintings pictures
for a glassreverse illustrated book
glass reverse paintings ?

cathykollenberg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   Print Post

We have a reverse panting called "The Kiss" from Count Angelo Agazzi. My husband bought it around 1977 or 1978. It is framed and in really good condition. Do you know about how much this would be worth.

janjohnson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 6, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Print Post

I have two reverse paintings, one of the "Blarney Castle of Ireland" and "Scene in Venice" and I'd like to know their value. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Tim Sherman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 6, 2008 - 9:35 pm:   Print Post

Fair market value for the Owl Plate is about $15 ....seems to be a more common piece. Some of his more obscure works have gone recently for $250. I'm by no means an expert, just letting you all know what I have observed. I recently discovered Agazzi's works and am impressed by his work.

Linda Taylor
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 7:54 pm:   Print Post

I Too have this painting aquired the same way in the same time frame....Does any one know the value of the following? Or were I can find it online....
I too have a Count Angelo Agazzi,born May 4, 1936, with the Agazzi Technique Label on the back and the Certificate of Authenticity on the back. My husband and I received this as a Complimentary Gift for purchasing Encyclopedias back in 1973 when we lived in Lexington, KY. We will be married 33 years this 2006. The picture has a side face pose of two people kissing with his hand on her face. It is a very beautiful picture. The silhouette faces are in black with burnt orange/gold/silver leaf brushstrokes surrouding their faces and highlighting their faces and the males arm and hand. My frame is a gold solid wood frame with black velvet outlining the inside of the frame. The frame is also in excellent condition. I too am not able to find out if this might be of any value.

Snoogans
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 11:58 pm:   Print Post

We have the '73 two owls painting via
Mom. We love it. We are wondering if it is actual Venetian crystal like the sticker on the back indicates. I noticed that you can make out the signature by turning it in the light. This made me wonder if he etched his signature in the finish since there seems to be no glass plate in front of the painting.

Jojo5565
Username: Jojo5565

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, June 3, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Print Post

I have an Count Angelo Agazzi painting of a Little boy and girl. I would like to find out the value. Please respond if you have any info where I can find out.

Pam Quackenbush
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 1, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Print Post

I have the Woman and the Lion and it is beautiful. I purchased it several years ago for about $45.00. I have no idea it's worth. I have the description of the Agazzi Technique as well, but do not see a certificate of authcenticity anywhere. It appears to be the reverse glass technique. Any help finding the worth etc.would be greatly appreciated.

maureen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 4:29 pm:   Print Post

TO K Noonan august 9 Post. I think I have An Agazzi just like yours. Please tell me what you think it should sell for. I have a dealer coming Tuesday. Many thanks. Maureen

Jballweg
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2006 - 2:05 am:   Print Post

To anyone who may have information where I might locate Count Agazzi. I have lost track of him and he was a dear friend. Last time I knew he was in Atlanta, Ga, Please help me locate him.

K Noonan
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2006 - 12:38 am:   Print Post

I am also trying to find out about my reverse painting on venetian glass by Count Angelo Agazzi. It is of an indian archer kneeling. It is a beautiful gold and bronze leaf painting with beautiful wooden frame. I understand that no two are alike. Can you tell me what it is worth? Or maybe where I can find this out, as I have been looking for information and have found very little. The painting is approx 16"x20" thanks in advance

sissonbm@aol.com
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 2:16 pm:   Print Post

I too have a Count Angelo Agazzi,born May 4, 1936, with the Agazzi Technique Label on the back and the Certificate of Authenticity on the back. My husband and I received this as a Complimentary Gift for purchasing Encyclopedias back in 1973 when we lived in Lexington, KY. We will be married 33 years this 2006. The picture has a side face pose of two people kissing with his hand on her face. It is a very beautiful picture. The silhouette faces are in black with burnt orange/gold/silver leaf brushstrokes surrouding their faces and highlighting their faces and the males arm and hand. My frame is a gold solid wood frame with black velvet outlining the inside of the frame. The frame is also in excellent condition. I too am not able to find out if this might be of any value.

Brenda Sisson
St. Louis, MO
sissonbm @aol.com

Dawn Shank
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 11:46 am:   Print Post

I too have a Agazzi ~ A floral with a butterfly.
It's beautiful & unique.
I can't find much doing a search. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Dawn~

Leonard A. Anicola
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Print Post

I too have painting by Count Angelo Agazzi (born May 4th, 1936).
It is of Woman and a Lion.
The painting is in excellent condition as well as the frame.
On the back of the piece, there is a description of "The Agazzi Technique".
Under that, there is a Certificate of Authenticity by the Education Arts International, Inc. in Atlanta, GA.
No idea of the worth or origin.
I was in my attic for over 3o year in its original UPS shipping box.
Contact me please if you have any questions or help for me to understand what I am possessing.
Thank you.

L.A. Anicola

tonyanicola@yahoo.com

Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 9:58 am:   Print Post

not much turned up in my searches - but this came up on ebay... you might also try searching completed listings on ebay

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&catref=C6&satitle=%2Bagazzi+%2Bglass&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fts=2&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

sherrie7
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 9:53 am:   Print Post

i have a painting by Angelo Agazzi it has been painted in gold, its of a woman holding her child does anyone know anything about Agazzi"s art

B Cook
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 8:26 pm:   Print Post

To anyone who may have information on Count Angelo Agazzi and his reverse glass painting technique. I have a painting of two owls by Agazzi. I am trying to find out if this painting is worth anything, and about how much if so. It is a very large painting. Any info will be appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page